This is the program guide for Intensive: A Day of Hojo. It should be suitable for use on most browsers and devices. (other events) It is an instance of KonOpas, an open-source project providing conventions with easy-to-use mobile-friendly guides.
This guide will work in your browser even when you do not have an internet connection.
You can also install it as a home screen app
- Safari on iPhone/iPad
- Tap on (share), then tap Add to Home Screen.
- Chrome on Android
- Tap on (menu), then tap Add to Home Screen.
- Firefox on Android
- Tap on (menu), then tap Bookmark and select Options, and Add to Home Screen.
- IE on Windows Phone
- Tap on (menu), then tap Pin to Start
Intensive: A Day of Hojo
Sunday, May 14, 2017
Hojojutsu: Evil, Nasty, Harsh Rope, Modified for the Bedroom with Lord Percival
- Time and Location
- May 14, 1-4pm
Upstars at My Esensuals, 1370 Portland Rd, Arundel, ME 04046
- Hojojutsu is the opposite, in many ways, of the nice, happy rope arts that are taught and practiced by many rope artists. There are ways to make Hojo bedroom/play acceptable for those who don't necessarily want to potentially damage their partners. Hojojutsu is one of the martial art forms, from which the erotic art of tying has its roots. It is the antithesis to all that is gentle, nice, and sweet about rope. This hands-on class will focus on how to get your (willing, consensual) partner into a fairly helpless position. An understanding (and shameless exploitation) of body mechanics is at the root of this class. What is taught here breaks many of the strictures about safe, kind, and comfortable play, so it is very much edge-play.
- Lecture/Demo/Some Hands-on
- Preferred, pre-negotiated for the Hands-on section
- Bring with
- Thin (4mm is good, natural fiber is preferred, but paracord works) rope, several 4 meter or 8 meter pieces
- Loose clothing in which you can move, to tie and be tied.