Return to the programming website
General Information for Winter Fetish Fair Fleamarket® 28
Generated: Mon Oct 23 9:30:14 EDT 2017
A welcome letter from the Con Chair:
- All Hail the mighty volunteers ...
- The New England Leather Alliance would like to extend its most
heartfelt thanks to all of the volunteers. Without the hundreds (if
not thousands) of dedicated hours, the Fetish Fair Fleamarket®
would not happen. Thank you!
A welcome letter from the Organization:
- Yes, Virginia, there is another Welcome Letter.
- First, the good:
- Greetings and salutations to everyone! Welcome to the New
England Leather Alliance’s 28th Fetish Fair Fleamarket ™. Here we
are in … where are we again? I’ve lost track. Oh, but wait, we’re in
the “good” portion. Okay:
- Is this your first Fetish Fair Fleamarket®? Well, whether it
is your first , your tenth or your 28th, I hope you have a
blast. We’re all here to be part of the magic that is the Flea. So
browse, shop, revel in the atmosphere, learn something new, see an
old friend, relax and ENJOY! Please know that NELA is thrilled you
- Now, the not good:
- On behalf of the Board and volunteers, I have to say we are
tired of moving around. Andover, Park Plaza, Sheraton, Mansfield,
Danvers. Are we Nomads?
- Is it so wrong to want to have a home and stay put for a while?
Granted, there are various reasons for some of the departures. I’m
guessing we would have stayed in Andover if the Ramada had not gone
out of business. And the Sheraton could have been a permanent home
if they had been able to offer January dates versus the week before
Christmas. But, an industrial park in the middle of nowhere should
have worked out. Thanks a lot, Mansfield.
- Keep your fingers crossed. Tell the hotel staff how happy you
are to be here. Tell Danvers and Middleton that we will bring in
more than a million dollars in business over the weekend. We deserve
an event free of antiquated zoning laws, small minded politicians
and conservative zealots trying to tell us what we can and cannot do
in private surroundings. Freedom of assembly is still a
constitutional right. Perhaps this will be kinky Custer’s last
Outgoing Chair (2001-2006)