Return to the programming website
General Information for Winter Fetish Fair Fleamarket® 26
Generated: Fri Feb 23 17:36:16 EST 2018
A welcome letter from the Con Chair:
- All Hail the mighty volunteers ...
- The New England Leather Alliance would like to extend its most
heartfelt thanks to all of the volunteers. Without the hundreds (if
not thousands) of dedicated hours, the Fetish Fair Fleamarket®
would not happen. Thank you!
A welcome letter from the Organization:
- Happy New Year!
- Welcome everyone, to the New England Leather Alliance's
26<th Fetish Fair Fleamarket®. This is our first time
in the lovely town of Mainsfield, the setting fery reminiscent of our
days in Andover. Interestingly enough, we are not too far from the
site of the now famous Paddleboro incident. Do y'all remember that?
Almost five years ago an arrest for a consensual spanking with a
- This week, I had a wonderful conversation with a Mansfield
Lieutenant about our event. He did not want there to be any trouble,
and his people will not look for any. Both hotel and law enforcement
are happy to have us, assuming our attendees obey the law and enjoy
themselves. "Oh, we will." I promised. If only it could be that easy
... for every group every time and everywhere.
- So come in, be part of the magic. Browse, shop, revel in the
atmosphere, learn something new, see an old friend, relax, and
- The FFF would not happen without the incredible work and
commitment of the NELA Board. All are outstanding individuals, and
NELA is lucky to have them (in no particular order): Cecilia Tan - FFF
Director and Programming Director. Danny - Board Memeber At Large,
Sabrina Santiago - Director of External Relations, Rae - Director of
Community Relations, JB - Secretary and Nikita and Emily our fabulous
co-Production Directors. A special thanks to Tim S., who has agreed
to handle our Associate-ships and be the Volunteer Coordinator for
- Bottom line though is that none of this would be possible without
the letter V: Volunteers, Volunteers, Volunteers. If you see one
around, in those nice orange vests, please give them a smile and a
"thank you" for their donation of time, energy, and good
- When we are not busy running the Fetish Fair Fleamarket®, NELA
is hard at work on other projects and tasks: monthly programming,
supporting other leather groups, organizing discussion groups, and
giving presentations to other organizations on safe S/m sex. Check
out nelaonline.org we look forward to seeing you throughout the
- P.S. Please consider joining NELA, the bigger we are, the louder
our collective voice becomes. Make a taxt deductible donation. NELA
is a 501(c)3 charitable organization and does not keep "membership
lists." All personal information is strictly confidential; it will not
and cannot be revealed or sharew with any other organization or
- Another message from Vivienne
- I would like to applaud each of you for coming this weekend. By
taking this seemingly fun and simple step, attending the Fetish Fair
Fleamarket®, you make the choice to stand up and be counted in the
fight towards sexual freedom.
- "But I don't want to stand up and be counted. I am not an
activist. I just want to learn and play."
- I know. And I applaud you BECAUSE you want to learn and play.
Unfortunately in this climate, just coming here is considered an act
of radical politics. In the mids of the extremists who oppose our
right to act as sonsensual adults, we are ALL perverts who do not
deserve the right to assemble freely, without risk of persecution and
- Regardless of your personal beliefs, interests, and energies, be
they playing in private, forming a political action committee, or
educating law enforcement officers on the difference between SM and
abuse, we must all be willing to support each other in our efforts, be
them political, or personal.
- No matter what role you "play" (literally or figuratively),
you need to control your own sexual freedom. Otherwise, make
no mistake; others will control it for you.
- Vivienne Kramer
Chair, National Coalition for Sexual Freedom